Shrimp, Tofu and Broccoli Stir-fry
A combination of tofu and shrimp gives you plenty of ShapeWorks protein.
Ingredients for dish:
Ingredients for sauce:
- 12 ounces raw shrimp, fresh or frozen, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 inch thick-sliced fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 1 scallion, minced
- 4 ounces firm tofu, cubed into 1/2-inch dices
- nonstick pan spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
If shrimp is frozen, defrost according to package directions. Remove shrimp tails. Blanch broccoli florets by dropping into boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, but do not rinse; cover and set aside.
Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium high heat, and cook, stirring until mixture boils, thickens and clears. Set sauce aside.
Spray a large skillet with pan spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. When hot, add tofu and cook until slightly brown. Remove and set aside. Add olive oil and then garlic, ginger and scallions. Stir-fry for a few seconds, but do not allow the garlic to brown. Add the shrimp and continue to stir-fry until the shrimp is pink and almost cooked through. Add the blanched broccoli florets and stir-fry for another minute, until hot, then add tofu. Finally, pour in the sauce mixture and stir quickly to mix.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
- Calories: 420
- Protein: 50 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbohydrates: 23 grams